Wednesday, July 8, 2009

POINT OF PURCHASE

SHOPPING AROUND
 Searching for new shoes is glorious.
There are so many choices.
What fun to try out all sorts.
Many are attractive, though some pinch,
Or hold on too tight.
A few leave the wearer wobbling
Or even tilt her into a gutter.
The best are still those
That don’t need much breaking in
And even with much wear
Give comfort.

 SOME THINGS YOU BUY
 Some things you buy
And some you try,
And some you ho
And hum at.
 An important part
Of being smart
Is knowing
What you’re dumb at.

8 comments:

DayPhoto said...

Cute! You did this well!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

The Weaver of Grass said...

Both those poems struck a familiar chord with me Leenie. I love your new header - apart from the giant bumble bees there is that glorious delphinium blue.

Jeannelle said...

Oh, very good, Leenie. I especially like the line about "knowing what you're dumb at" in the second one. Oh, so true!

fifi said...

At the moment I have problems with my feet, so this made me laugh..ALL shoes hurt!

And I agree, that delphinium header is glorious!

Cindy said...

Those were great. I really like the second one. The last line is perfect. Have a great day. ~Cindy

Pam said...

Happy shopping Leenie... Hope the "wow" factor outweighs the ho-hums!!I like the poems!

Janie said...

Fun poems! I'm a terrible shopper. I'd rather stay home in my old shoes.

Woman in a Window said...

HA! Especially enjoyed the second!

The only think I enjoy shopping for is second hand stuff or seriously reduced stuff and even then...