Monday, September 28, 2009

DANG KIDS

In the early coolness of the September evening I sat on the porch working my way through a pretty good book. The trees were giving up their green, and the low sun lit the leaves and cast long shadows down our little dead end street. I had my bare feet up and the cat was gracing me with his company. I even had some munchies on the table so I could use the crumbs as a book mark. But I was having trouble concentrating. The neighbor kids were causing a huge commotion. Earlier they had been running between houses playing some kind of hide and seek and scream game. Now the noise level had risen above that.

Fortunately I had my camera to record the disturbance.

Yeah. I was kinda jealous.

3 comments:

Anairam said...

Beautiful!! I just love to see kids play and not sit scrunched up in front of their computers, playstations or tv. It can be a bit noisy though ... our neighbour has installed an entire playground on top of his half-built second house (which fills the entire footprint of the property and comes up to a metre of our living room and kitchen windows). A trampoline (on which his three-year-old broke her leg last week), a huge swing, a huge wooden climbing frame, a huge plastic swimming pool. Plus his son uses the surface to practise soccer. There are also two bikes on which they circle the perimeter and a skateboard. Actually, they are very well-behaved and don't make too much noise. And when they do I just turn up the tango music/opera/jazz ...

ELIZABETH said...

It's nice seeing children playing outside.

Next set of photos they'll be in snowsuits. *grin*

Janie said...

They look like they're having fun, and plenty of noise is a sure sign!