Friday, November 20, 2009

Weekword LISTLESS-They Call Me Thomas

They call me Thomas.  I live at Leenie's house.  They say I am a Maine Coon Cat descended from cats that lived on Viking ships.  My day has no agenda.

Sometimes I park my fifteen pound body on a windowsill to watch for birds and trespassing squirrels.

I am a predator, although I seldom waste my time hunting.

I earn my meals by acting cute and loveable.

I have my own spot of sunshine on the floor.  I hate to go out in the cold, even though I have VERY thick fur.

I even have fur between my toes.

Most of the time, though, I show no interest in anything.

I am indifferent,

bored, lethargic, bordering on comatose;

LISTLESS.

For more Weekword posts visit Creating Misericordia.

11 comments:

Jill said...

Sometimes - I AM THAT CAT - made me smile.

Flea said...

What a GORGEOUS meow.

Linda Sue said...

Yawn...I would leave a comment but, you know, ...listless...

The Weaver of Grass said...

Sometimes I am all those things plus gorgeous! And I am sure Thomas owns your house and that you are his faithful servants (or at least that is what he thinks.)

Anonymous said...

I don't really like cats - but he is quite cute!!

DayPhoto said...

Wonderful post! I love it! And Thomas! I really like how you led up to ....listless...

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Lotte said...

He´s is more listless than my contribution to this word...haha...cute hairball :)))

Anonymous said...

Another 15 pound cat owner! He's gorgeous...

Janie said...

My daughter has a Maine Coon, and I must say, its personality seems identical to your kitty's.

ELIZABETH said...

Nap in the warm sunshine. What a perfect way to spend a cold afternoon.
Smart beastie.

susanna said...

Aw, look at the fluffy bunny, I mean, cat. So cute! Btw, I really like your blog banner.