Monday, March 29, 2010

WHITE RABBIT OR MARCH HARE?

There was no bright sunrise as I walked along the bike path this morning.
The only bird to welcome the day was a meadow lark on an electrical pole.

The orioles are probably still enjoying the sun in Arizona. The only leaves on the cottonwoods were left over from last fall.
I turned the corner and thought I saw a glimpse of a big white snowshoe rabbit slipping into the tall grass.
But it was only a tabby cat out hunting.

Cat: Oh, by the way, if you'd really like to know, he went that way.
Me: Who did?
Cat: The White Rabbit.
Me: He did?
Cat: He did what?
Me: Went that way.

Cat: Who did?
Me: The White Rabbit.
Cat:  What rabbit?
Cat: If I were looking for a white rabbit, I'd ask the Mad Hatter.
Me: The Mad Hatter? Oh, no no no...
Cat: Or, you could ask the March Hare, in that direction.

Then the cat

disappeared.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leenie was not expecting the Cheshire cat.Still recovering.Great post.

Butternut Squash said...

I liked the jungle cat and especially his grin. I have been reading A Brief History of the Smile by Angus Trumble but I'm not sure that I can recommend it yet.

DayPhoto said...

You made me laugh out loud with that cat smile!!!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

ELIZABETH said...

I kept waiting to see rabbit but I guess he was late for the photo session.

frayedattheedge said...

Your post cheered me up, as I am watching snow fall steadily .... and it has interfered with the tv signal, so even as I type Malcolm is out clearing the snow from the satellite dish .....

Elizabeth said...

This is one astoundingly fat cat.
What a wonderful grin.....!!

Linda Sue said...

Oh dear, you nibbled the mushroom didn't you.

Krista said...

That was one great cat! I liked him better than the movie version!

Flea said...

I was following you up till the altered cat picture. Freaked. Me. Out. Gah.

TheSims said...

Whenever we see the crescent moon at night shining in the sky my kids say "look! its the cheshire cat!

susanna said...

Oh, look at the cutiepie kitty crouching down! Then again, my, what huge teeth he has! Have you seen Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland yet?

Laura said...

Which way did he go???

who???

The Wabbit!!!

Gotta love this one, but I wead it wabbit like....

Jill said...

Spooky - always found the Cheshire cat unsettling!!