Friday, January 13, 2012

PISCATORIAL WATERCOLORS

While the guys fish and freeze their fingers I stay inside where it's warm and...

...draw pictures of fish.

Trout to be specific

I use photos of the ones the guys catch for reference.

When I get a good idea of what I want to do,
I paint watercolors.  This one is "Cutthroat trout." (sold)

"Brown Trout"

"Rainbow Trout" (sold)

All images are 8x10 inch originals and are available along with many other 
landscapes and wildlife paintings from my Etsy Site, "Watercolors by Leenie."
Click on the red logo box upper left of this blog.

12 comments:

Alica said...

You are an amazing artist, Leenie! I'm impressed!

TexWisGirl said...

gorgeous, leenie!!! really nice!

CarrieBoo said...

I love the light shining through the water on Mr Cutthroat. And Mr Rainbow is boo-tiful. I am in awe...

Terry and Linda said...

You are amazing! The water looks real, the fish look real..wonderful!


Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh these are so wonderful. You are such an amazing artist.I love the Rainbow.B

Sarah said...

They are such strange looking creatures fish when you really analyse them. You have captured them so well and also given them individual personalities.

susan m hinckley said...

I was going to say the same thing about the light shining through the water -- these are lovely! And I'm a sucker for trout.

"rose-moles all in stipple
upon trout that swim..."
(a favorite line from my favorite poem, Pied Beauty, by Gerard Manley Hopkins)

TALON said...

Amazing, Leenie. You're so talented.

Linda Sue said...

GORGEOUS!!! They are making me hungry...

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful - they look good enough to eat!! (that's a real compliment, coming from a glutton!!!)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Beautiful!! :)

Anzu said...

You can show us trout have various amazing colors and funny faces. It's more useful tool for communication than my English. I envy you. (LOL)