Sunday, February 10, 2013

KNOWING MORE THAN WE UNDERSTAND


As I was growing up, I always had the feeling that I understood a lot more than I knew.
When I listen to my grandchildren, I think they know a lot more than they understand.  

Grandparents are similar to a piece of string--handy to have around
and easily wrapped around the fingers of their grandchildren.

All grandchildren are brilliant, beautiful and take after their grandmother.

We gave our children love, nurturing and just enough
dysfunction to make them funny.

We can tell our grandchildren we are older than the internet, 
older than television and the only thing we are
afraid of is stepping on Legos.

10 comments:

joeh said...

All very true.

and

Legos in the middle of the night are lethal!

Joanne Noragon said...

Parents on up are old. We're all the grownups; their world is at eye level.

Anonymous said...

Lego pieces and those little Barbie accesories....yow.

Val said...

A Hot Wheel on the sole is also unpleasant.

Alica said...

Old is a relative term...I used to think that 50 was old...and now I'm almost there! But legos on the bare feet still hurt like crazy!!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh Leenie that is a beautiful shot of a precious gift. I wish I had grandchildren so I could be the cool old Granny:) You are indeed blessed.Hug B

Terry and Linda said...

I love your paintings. I also love that we are close enough we can enjoy our grandchildren, but our children get to have the pleasure of 'shaping' them.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Your paintings are so lifelike that I can't tell if that's a photo or not! It/he's lovely!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post Leenie! I was talking to a teaching aquaintence about her ongoing knee problems - she had to spend a lot of time away from the workplace with medical intervention. Cause? - kneeling down very hard on a piece of unseen Lego. Yow!

Anairam said...

It must be amazing to have grandchildren!