Friday, October 1, 2010

BOOTY

Ever since our paths crossed last summer, one of my blog friends, Linda Sue of All I Ever Wanted, has insisted I return for a longer visit to her home on Puget Sound north of Seattle.

I finally made the trip last week and was treated to a delightful break from routine.  We visited museums and art galleries—places almost non-existent where I live.  We shopped the bounteous Farmers Market and explored stores, beaches and parks. 

When I finally had to say goodbye, my host (that’s her on the right) gave me gifts.

There were bath salts, Italian soap, lavender, PooPooPaper made from real Thai elephant poo, one of her wool felted pincushions, plus more books and goodies to fill any small space that was available in my bags.   The little Holsteins I bought at a thrift shop and cost a whole two dollars.

Sorry, the chocolate was unavailable for photographs.
All my treasures survived whatever happens to baggage at an airport and were carried safely into our house by DH. (Thomas was not impressed by a whiff of Dexter).

This little bobble of hand made art glass I bought called, “The Tree of Life” made the trip to Idaho on my lap.

AND THEN--and then when I got home a package was waiting for me.   Anne of frayed at the edge held a giveaway and I was one of the lucky winners.  She sent me a selection of “bits and bobs” from Scotland.  Some of them were beautiful stitchery and the final product of her Tuesday Tutorials.

Thanks again to my wonderful bloggy friends!

10 comments:

Jill said...

what great memories you have there Leeny

Butternut Squash said...

You are a very lucky gal to have so many friends all over the place. And I know how generous you have been, so the gifts are well deserved.

TALON said...

I love Thomas's expression - lol!

Lovely goodies! The blogging world is full of amazing people, isn't it?

Sarah said...

What a fun time you and Linda Sue have had! Wish I could have popped in for the day and visited somewhere with you both! Lovely gifts from Anne too!

Carla said...

"Chocolate unavailable for pictures." :)

What a wonderful, wonderful time you had. I'm so glad you're sharing it with us.

Linda Sue said...

Leenie, what happened to your photo shop skills...least you could have done was make us taller! Lonely here without you...Dexter is sniffing for you. I went out today to look for a frame but forgot the painting...there is always tomorrow- beautiful weather by the way- great week end to go to Friday harbor...want to?
I hope you told Thomas about the jays here and how much fun it would be for him...

Kilauea Poetry said...

I can see you came home with some treasures! You mean I have to imagine the chocolate? That (Tree of Life) looks like it could be a Christmas ornament? lovely..I visited your friend..beautiful painting Leenie! Somehow I'm beginning to feel cheated- hey, love all the the fun stuff- glad you had a wonderful trip!

Maude Lynn said...

What a sweet bunch of loot!

Anairam said...

Oh, oh, oh - I do so envy you your lovely time with Linda Sue! Next time I'll come along - in spirit most probably, but that is better than nothing ... But seriously, I am so very glad you had a great time, and what lovely booty you brought back with you!

DayPhoto said...

I always think it is more than fun to visit blog friends! Lucky you!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com