This morning my computer weather bug icon…
…looks like this. This was after the sun came up and warmed the temps
all the way up to plus one Fahrenheit (-17 C).
Wow! Heat wave! We’re expecting a high today of 6 F.
Because the roads and highways looked like this yesterday everything pretty much ground to a halt. I went in to work in the morning, and while I was there two whole customers came in the door. So when I called in today the boss said, “Nothing in your in-box, see you after Thanksgiving on Monday.”
We did some last minute grocery shopping yesterday and the short walk across the parking lot was like staggering into frozen knives (okay not quite that bad, but you get the idea).
This morning the wind has stopped,
but the frigid temperatures decorated this window on the north side of our house…
…like this. It’s a window we haven’t replaced with double panes
to insulate the house against this kind of arctic weather
(thank you very much,
for sharing). Canada
I didn’t expect to have an extra day to get ready for the feast tomorrow. So I took a few minutes to update my blog and tell you people out there in warmer places to give thanks for your weather, and to send my condolences to U.S. Midwest where that brutal storm has moved on to add even more hassle to holiday travel.
It is SO COLD that:
1. We’re eating Thanksgiving dinner with plastic cutlery. Metal ones would stick to our tongues.
2. The eye doctors are giving away free ice scrapers for our glasses.
3. We stayed up late last night because our pajamas weren’t thawed out yet..
4. Squirrels in the park were bribing the alley cats for a snuggle.
5. We chopped up the piano for firewood, but we only got two chords.
Sorry about that last one. It was really bad. Have a good one and be safe!