Thursday, August 4, 2011

THAT'S WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR



How I know you are a true friend.   When I was sick you stayed far away from me until I got better so you didn’t catch my germs.  When I screamed like a baby on the roller coaster you refused to stop teasing me about it.  When I was blue you pushed me over a chair to help dislodge the food I was choking on.  When I was sad you took me to a cheap diner where we plotted imaginary revenge against the jerk.   When I puked from the food we ate in that cheap diner you held back my hair.  When I was worried you told me horrible stories about how much worse it could be until I stopped whining.  When we went shopping you refused to let me buy that hat I thought was so cool.  When there was a booger hanging out of my nose you told me.  When I was confused you talked reaaalllly slow and used little words.   When I made a fool of myself you knew I hadn’t done a permanent job.

(P.S. Thanks again to Linda Sue for the "friends" picture, and to all my bloggy friends and family for being there after The Surgery last March.)

10 comments:

Pearl said...

:-) I just realized how many friends I have.

Thanks, Leenie!

Pearl

Debbie said...

the picture is awesome...the words, even better!!!

brought back some memories ;)

Linda Sue said...

And when I ate the very last chocolate you told me I was pretty for a fat girl...
heheh...Summer has arrived for the next week it looks like and it seems weird to have nice weather without you being here...Stella misses you too.

Anzu said...

Cats are likely to go straight in a willy-nilly way, sleep after while stumble on a corner, yawn after getting bored. Let's live our life with you together. I'm glad to be able to meet you. (o^-')b

Anairam said...

Oh, true friends, they are few and far between. So when you find one, hold on fast!
PS Your shop, Miss Leenie, is amazing! Is the black bird painting that you have for your profile on sale too? Because I really do like that black bird very much!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh Leenie I love this. You have a great friend I am lucky enough to have a friend like that. Take care my bloggy friend. I would do the same for you but I really gag at the puking part. B

Samantha said...

Very sweet..and funny!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous picture! Your list reminded me of friends past and present!

Terry and Linda said...

That is really what friends are for and what friendship is all about. Forever after.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

TALON said...

True friends are like rare gemstones, aren't they?

I finally have computer issues resolved (I hope!) so I'm looking forward to ordering my Leenie orginal. I can't wait! :)