Monday, November 7, 2011

JUST A BUNCH OF PANSIES

Every year when the temps get down to freezing I bring in a piece of my three geraniums, Phyllis, Florence and Blossom and put them in small flower pots so they can winter in the house and have a head start on blooming next spring.  This time I also had a nice crop of pansies in small planters that I just couldn't leave out in the cold.  I brought in two containers to see how they'd last the winter.

I set the hanging basket in a sunny spot on the floor.  The pansies were so colorful I decided to use them as models to learn a little more about how to work with my new watercolor pencils.

Well...I can see a lot of potential and that there's more learning to be done.

Back in the kitchen Thomas was checking out the new flowers too.
He's a finicky eater but he does like to occasionally add a few greens to his diet.

 If he could do a guilty nonchalant whistle he would. La-la-la-la-laaaaaaa.

Then he dives head first into the flower pot for some stolen salad. 

I decided the pansies could stand a little trimming so I let it go.  Then I noticed the other container of flowers was looking a lot worse for wear.  Beavis photographed what was happening.

I moved those pansies out of Thomas's favorite sunny spot to a  different window.

10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, that is just too funny!

CarrieBoo said...

Your cat looks a lot like mine! And I didn't think to bring pansies in the house. Huh, silly me. Had to see what this title was about. :D

Debbie said...

you cat is a lot like you ;)

silly cat!!

Sarah said...

Thomas made me laugh! I like your watercolour sketches.

Terry and Linda said...

Thomas says it all...this is MY spot!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Anzu said...

(Φ(Φ(Φ(Φ(ΦωΦ)Φ)Φ)Φ)Φ)Φ)Φ)
Thomas may lay eggs in moist places on land.

Anonymous said...

Too cute!...the drawings look great. My cat has just brought in a dead mouse. I make the necessary noises of admiration rather than shriek. They get so confused if we are horrified at their proudly presented trophy.

Samantha said...

Funny! I had a few pots of herbs that were oddly flattened..you just showed me why!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Cats are funny aren't they? B

Linda Sue said...

OH SQUISH! Pansies are always so cheerful- I want to be a pansy- or at least wear a dress like that first one!