Wednesday, September 29, 2010

TRIPPIN' on Linda Sue's Domain

…so I was picked up and carried through the air…
…and dropped out of the sky…
…near the Emerald City.
Everything was green and wet.
There I met GaLinda Sue The Good Witch of the Pacific Northwest, and her little dog, Dexter.
She took me on some wild rides through the forest.
We saw amazing things.
Lots and lots…
…of amazing things!
Wow!
Then we went to visit
 The Good Witch’s friend, Stella, for tea.
Stella fed us wonderful food.
We visited her garden.
But, alas, I had to leave GaLinda Sue The Good Witch.
We talked to a wizard.  But he was no help.
I didn’t have any ruby slippers.
So I returned to The Emerald City.
Took a ride on a big bird. ( What was IN that food at Stella’s???)
And rode around a volcano.
Through a day…
…and a night.  And in and out of weeks back to my home.
Where there was pizza.  And it was still warm.
I will SO miss GaLinda Sue The Good Witch and Dexter.

13 comments:

TALON said...

Oh, this looks like it was an amazingly magical journey! Loved the pics and loved the words, Leenie! This makes me long for a magical visit with my good witch friend of the south who I haven't seen in 3 months. Nothing like good friends, good food (which all looked amazing!) and good times...and a good little dog is a bonus :)

Carla said...

What fun!!! I LOVE Seattle. In fact, I love the entire Pacific NW.
Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. :)

Linda Sue said...

That was QUICK! all week crammed in to ONE post? You are a great editor.I miss you, Leenie...you are so tolerant.
Dexter went in and looked around for you, just when he accepted that you were here to stay -poof- you are gone.
LOVE LOVE LOVE what you have left behind! and the proverb cracked me up...it is not true...

Leenie said...

BUT WAIT! There's more. I look over 400 photos and half an hour of video.

Krista said...

Ha! There's more? Awesome! I love the way you write and tell your stories. They always entertain and leave me smiling with envy that I wasn't there. But I almost was!

Kilauea Poetry said...

lol)) no kidding! At least they were good witches and you lived to tell this tale! But, do you really know everything that happened?? (ha ha)..even a little dog! The volcano and the pizza are hot! Honestly look delish and quite fun! Glad you enjoyed your trip:)

DayPhoto said...

It is so much fun meeting and being with friends.

Thanks for sharing!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

That all looks fabulous - I wish I had been there to share that wonderful food!!

http://frayedattheedge.typepad.co.uk

susan m hinckley said...

What a wonderful trip and a fun post! We lived in Seattle for 6 years, and my family still pines away for it.

Funny how we used to get so many visitors there . . . no one comes to visit us on the Emerald Tundra.

The Weaver of Grass said...

This sounds a bit of a tall story to me.....

Unknown said...

I feel as though I am turning green like that bad witch with envy... thanks for sharing, it took me away better than "calgon" now back to my volcano sized pile of laundry..... sigh

Jill said...

So amazing - here in the UK everything is so near!! Such a vast and magical land of volcanoes, great valleys and emerald cities!

Anonymous said...

Amazing and fun!! Thanks for sharing this Leenie. Hopefully there's more to come!