Tuesday, September 20, 2011

GOOD-BYES MAKE YOU THINK

Good-byes make you think.  They make you realize what you've had,
what you've lost, and what you've taken for granted.
Unknown

Art is the unceasing effort to compete with the beauty of flowers--
and never succeeding.  
Gian Carlo Menotti

Earth laughs in flowers.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am following Nature without being able to grasp her.
I perhaps owe having become a painter of flowers.
Claude Monet

People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy
the whole time to have such things about us.
Iris Murdoch

There are always flowers for those who want to see them.
Henri Matisse

As much as I love gardens and flowers, it's kind of nice to take a break from the
digging and weeding and let the snow decorate the yard for a while.
Me

(photos from my garden, except for the waterlily,
sent through a few filters in Photoshop)

15 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

Bring on the snow and less work. (Kidding)Well in my case different work but yeah snow shoeing.
Love the photos and paintings Leenie you sure are talented. B

TexWisGirl said...

i loved the quote about art competing with flowers. lovely images!

Elizabeth said...

Such stunning flowers!
Leenie, how very beautiful.
Bliss.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Did it snow there? Love your filtered shots..what version of Photoshop do you have..my new computer will not take my old elements version..so I guess I will try 9..:)

Pearl said...

Winter's coming -- just a chance for us to be overwhelmed with the new life of spring...

Pearl

Jeannelle said...

Nice flower photo makeovers! And the quotes are perfect!

Linda Sue said...

Your flowers- so pretty and healthy looking- they must have a fair bit of sun, and water, and caring.My idea of gardening is to throw seeds out there somewhere and say "grow if you want to." Mr. man's idea of gardening is to yank everything out that might want to grow. I admire you even more than usual. Supposed to be an "exaggerated" winter this year.A trip to the sun may be just the thing. Love the new filter thing- it's artsy!

Linda said...

I'm not ready....really...not ready. I'll take the earth and the weeds and the flowers over bleak cold white winter dark days.

Sigh!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

Please don't mention 'snow' .... there has been a longrange forecast that says we are going to get snow next month - if that happens I am emigrating!!

Debbie said...

gorgeous photo's and i love the quotes, each one very special!!

Eat To Live said...

What a great job you did on the photography. Your flowers are beautiful

Deborah Moore said...

I have to say that I agree wholeheartedly with your own quote and I love all the other ones above it which add to your thoughts. I love the flowers and growth, oh but the snow does make me smile

Anzu said...

How wonderful flowers and proverbs !
Some effective process brings out beauty. I like flowers, because they bloom for the sake of their own future, however they give us much happiness. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

These photos from your garden are beautiful Leenie. The quotes are such a pleasure to read and I find myself smiling as I agree with each one entirely.

Carla said...

Those pictures make me want Photoshop! Beautiful pictures made into art.
Can't agree with you on the snow part though. :)