Tuesday, November 27, 2012

VIRTUALLY VISITING NEW BRUNSWICK

Every month a blog called the Virtual Paintout posts a location somewhere in the world.  Artists are invited to virtually explore the place using Google Maps and Google Street View and then do a painting or sketch of  a site they choose.  November 2012's location is New Brunswick, Canada.

After "touring" this province located on the Atlantic Ocean I ended up in Fredericton, the capital city.  According to Wikipedia it is, "an important cultural, artistic, and educational centre for the province. Fredericton is home to two universities, the New Brunswick College of Craft and Design, and cultural institutions."

Across the street from Lansbridge University on Queen Street is a colorful line of businesses.

I did a little watercolor of Gordie's Pub and submitted it as my part of November's Virtual Paintout.

12 comments:

joeh said...

I like it!

Pearl said...

Very nice. I'm a huge fan of artistic talent like this.

Pearl

Buttons Thoughts said...

I love it. I love when you visit Canada. B

Joanne Noragon said...

You guys are just amazing. Keep painting for us to see.

Val said...

That's aboot the most beautiful thing I've seen today. Sorry, Canada, for the cheap joke.

Your watercolors are amazing. I am mesmerized by the samples on your sidebar.

Anzu said...

That's interesting !

Moreover Eileen Black in Picasa is so cool! ヘ(゚¬゚)ノ~
Your jokes get a laugh.

Alica said...

Very nice! They need to visit Lancaster County someday...I'd like t see your painting of and Amish farm, etc!

Jenny Woolf said...

Pretty fascinating idea. I have never heard of this. I love your picture - full of atmosphere and colour and life.

Elizabeth said...

I love your water colors, Leenie!
wish I was as talented

jeanie said...

What a truly excellent concept!!

Linda Sue said...

Gordie's Pub- In another dimension! Awesome painting as usual! Very cool and just let me guess what Mr. Leenie might be getting for christmas...

Terry and Linda said...

LOVE IT!!!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

¸.•*¨*•♪♫♫♪Merry Christmas to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
˜”*°•.˜”*°•.˜”*°•.★★.•°*”˜.•°*”˜.•°*”˜”