Friday, January 1, 2016

HOW COLD IS IT -- PART 2

The news says the east coast is dealing with record warmth.  The Missouri river is way over its banks and dumping flood waters into the Mississippi.  There have been tornadoes in Alabama and earthquakes in Oklahoma; so I guess our week of double digit below zero weather here in the Northern Rockies is not the worst that could happen.

 Over the holidays we had a house full of kids who wanted to play in the snow but nobody cared to spend even a few minutes in our arctic air.  The school teachers were a little annoyed that weather cold enough to close school happened during Christmas vacation.

Our neighbors’ plumbing froze up and the kids came to use our bathroom until they could thaw things out.


 The icicles have icicles.

 When these cold fronts slide down out of the north, there is usually no wind.  Still, after a quick walk to the mailbox I couldn’t feel my face and I had to take an ice scraper to my glasses.

 So we’ve spent the days huddled by the fire, and when a hot flash hits I’m kinda glad.

9 comments:

Anzu said...

I should be preserved fresh forever
by freezing in your country. (((p(>◇<)q)))

Buttons Thoughts said...

YIKES we are basking in the warmth here in my part of Canada. I kind of liked it till I fell in the mud doing chores now I look forward to your weather. Take care and Happy New Year my dear friend. Keep those glass defogger/scraper thing handy. HUGS B

Anonymous said...

Sounds brutal...and....that poor polar bear.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year......and.....that poor polar bear.

Terry and Linda said...

Man, we are freezing just like you. It's almost noon here and the temp is ZERO! The coldest we got one night (thought) was -3...I'll take it. Your -15 is not for the faint of heart.

Linda

Linda Sue said...

No, that is just too cold!No, just no. Life is too short!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year from sunny Southern California!!

Alica said...

That's just way too cold it borders on being "wrong"! Sorry...don't think I'll be trading any of our mud for frozen fingers...but thanks for the offer!

Val said...

Heh, heh! Wear a cat!

We have barely dipped below freezing overnight here in Missouri. That 11 inches of rain should have been snow, by cracky! Then this old schoolteacher might have been off work for the whole month of January.