Monday, April 9, 2018

SPECIAL DELIVERY

I've just finished another watercolor.  This one I'm calling, "Special Delivery."  It is available for purchase at my Etsy Site, Watercolors by Leenie.

Here is a fisherman enjoying a morning away from his daily duties.  He's delivering a lure across the water hoping to attract the attention of a big fish.


I used some of my photos as references, put together a composition and then made a line drawing to be transferred to 140cp Arches watercolor paper.

I used masking fluid to protect some whites I wanted to preserve and then put down a layer of bright yellow highlights.

When that wash was dry I added darker details to the trees.

The final details to the fisherman and the water I put in the next day.  The completed work is 11 inches high and 15 inches wide.  

I had to get busy painting after I sold six large works to a store in North Carolina and another to a repeat customer in California.   I'm guessing these people recognize the prices for these one-of-a-kind paintings are way below what they would cost in a gallery. 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your work is beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Greetings! Very useful advice within this post!
It's the little changes which will make the biggest changes.
Thanks for sharing!

Terry and Linda said...

Your work is outstanding!

Alica said...

Love this! That fishing line looks just like it's flying through the air!