Friday, September 26, 2008

Then the Policeman Said...


Continued from previous post...
The officer was a long time friend. He shook his head and grinned when he saw who I was. Hubby continued to pretend not to know me. I explained my desire to photograph the sunrise. The policeman opened the microphone fastened to his shoulder and called in a false alarm. Then he said someone had notified them that a radical terrorist in dark clothes was preparing to drop things off the highway overpass on unsuspecting motorists. We both looked at the clouds over the mountains. “Maybe you can come back tomorrow,” he suggested. He spoke to the officer in the other car and then both patrol cars departed. Hubby and I walked home.
Conditions were not good for the great photo for several days. Finally I returned alone. This time I spent very little time at the center of the overpass. The police had better things to do than look for imagined radical terrorists. (Although taking donuts was a great idea, Ann.) Plus the traffic was heavier and it was really hard to keep the camera steady with the thunder and wind of passing trucks. At last I got something close to the photo you see above. I had to help the final result along with Photoshop. Okay, the mountain is not that close, but I was going for a dramatic effect.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!
That is a nice picture. Pictures are always better when accompanied by a great story! So was it Smelly chunks or Fart sniff? LOL
(inside joke to those of you who are going HUH?)
Still not nice leaving me hangin like that! I almost called the IF Mobsters to see if they had a lead on what had happened!

Leenie said...

I don't consider either of those guys my friend. Nor was it Randy down the street. Maybe seeing this guy almost every Thursday evening had something to do with the fact that he did not write me up for loitering or being a public menace.

Jeannelle said...

Gorgeous scene, Leenie! Definitely worth the adventure of capturing it. Fun story! It was kind of your husband to accompany you the first time, even if he ended up pretending not to be with you. My husband would just tell me I'm nuts and go on his way.