Wednesday, September 24, 2008

THERE'S A FINE LINE BETWEEN HOBBY & INSANITY


Photography can lead you to strange places. I have been so excited about capturing the moment that I have been chased by dogs, yelled at by farmers and nearly froze my feet off in the snow. After going digital last year the habit has become even worse. Now I have unlimited shots and instant gratification!
For some reason I decided I wanted a photo of the sun rising over the mountain at the end of Main Street on the morning of the equinox. In my mind I could see the silhouette of the peaks with rays of sun reaching skyward and the first light flashing through the notches.
I decided the best view would be from the center of the highway overpass. It was a short walk from our house and sunrise is my favorite time of the day. I even talked Hubby into coming along. We made it to the location with time to spare only to discover the mountains covered with clouds. Hoping they would burn off (yeah, right) in the next fifteen minutes I took my camera and positioned myself over the center of the street to wait. Hubby stopped way down on the shoulder of the overpass and pretended not to know me. The sky grew lighter, but I could tell there would be no sunrise over the mountain this day. I turned around to walk back and saw not one, but two patrol cars with their lights on stopped in front of me. I continued to walk toward them and held my camera up to show them I was harmless. An officer carefully got out the first car and waited for me.
Continued next posting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you will know to bring along a box of doughnuts with you next time. Cant wait to see "The rest of the story" as Paul Harvey would say.

Unknown said...

Hey!
You cant do that! Thats against all blog ethic! Leave me hanging like that!...This commercial is too long, when will we get there? I'm hungry, this car smells weird.... maybe you are incarserated and cant finish????
so....... what happens next?