Thursday, January 14, 2010

BARE IN THE WOODS

When a person is cross-country skiing through the lovely woods; and one cannot, or does not wish to write their name in gold in the mantle of sparkly white snow. Or, when a person doesn’t want to take the chance of showing off their northern exposure to any skier who may happen by: it is nice to find a kybo, outhouse, or privy a mile or so down the trail, (with toilet paper, Oh! Joy!)

One cannot enter, however, unless they remove their skis.

And, if it has been a while since it has been used, there may be fragile frosty crystals all around the rim of the seat.

This truly puts a lady’s hovering abilities to the test!


I wonder if Wikipedia has this definition of “blue moon” yet.

(Sorry about the quality of the photos. I left Nikon home in case I did any cartwheels into trees and therefore had to use my cell phone.)

P.S. My heart and prayers are with the people in Haiti

11 comments:

Jill said...

Men do not appreciate their advantage in these situations!!
Really made me laugh!

Linda Sue said...

Blue Moon indeed! Hilarious! Truly looks like a portal potty- surreal- I am glad that you were not sucked into another dimension, I am sure you were quick.

Flea said...

Holy Moley! What a cold potty seat!

Janie said...

Blue moon! lol!
I'm afraid I'm a go-in-the-woodser.

kendalee said...

Now that's a side of living in a snowy world that I'd never considered... brrrrr! :)

Anonymous said...

Challenging on all fronts - or behinds as the case may be!

ELIZABETH said...

* grin *

The Weaver of Grass said...

This brought such a smile to my face Leenie - and it is just what was needed on a day when the pictures from Haiti get more and more distressing.

Anonymous said...

I've been sitting here trying to think of something witty and lavatorial to say - but I have to admit defeat!! have a good weekend - we're hoping that the thaw continues!

christina said...

im getting a chill just looking at it.

Anairam said...

Oh, I had a good laugh at your "ladies' hovering abilities"! I have to say that I am an expert hoverer, having practiced this skill since the age of about 10, when someone told me a horrible story about sitting down on public loos. Needless to say, 40 years later I have forgotten what the horrible story was, but oh man, I have incredible thigh muscles.