Saturday, August 18, 2012

SOLD TO THE ANONYMOUS BIDDER ON THE PHONE

Liesel came to live with us a while back.  It was sort of a surprise
but a good one.  It turned out she went for sale on Ebay on a
day when nobody seemed to be looking for porcelain dolls.

She was a different size than my other dolls so the only furniture
that suited her was a Tiffany lamp that really lit up (another Ebay purchase)
and sweet wooden round table which came from Bellingham, Washington.

Then the Daughter (yard sale shopper master)  called.
"I'm looking at a collection of doll furniture for sale for dollars and quarters."

I have gobs of doll house furniture.  I'm a sucker for doll house furniture.
Perhaps that is why I got the call.  (You think?)  I did my best to decline
the tempting offer. 

Daughter messaged me a photo of the lot.
My resolve cracked.  These pieces would be perfect for Liesel.

"Offer her ten dollars for everything," I replied.

The next day my new investment was delivered by the savvy shopper.

These are only a few of the pieces.  There are also cupboards
a bookcase, a tiny quilt on a frame, a bed, plus other miscellany.
It's so nice to have one's own personal buyer.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Liesel appreciates your efforts on her behalf.

Far Side of Fifty said...

well Liesel should have a party to celebrate!:)

Joanne Noragon said...

Oh, your personal buyer done good. Liesel is a little charmer who makes the furniture look even better.

jabblog said...

How delightful! Miniature life is so enchanting.

Anzu said...

Looking at nuanced miniature doll's furniture, my imaginations fly for the slightly surrealistic world.
It's fantastic time.

Sarah said...

Indeed! I am the same as you-a sucker for dollshouse furniture. My most recent purchase was a piano and stool from Ebay, and before that a little brass rocking chair. I have yet to arrange my dolls houses though! Liesel looks very happy with her new furniture I have to say, well done your daughter!

Sarah said...

Indeed! I am the same as you-a sucker for dollshouse furniture. My most recent purchase was a piano and stool from Ebay, and before that a little brass rocking chair. I have yet to arrange my dolls houses though! Liesel looks very happy with her new furniture I have to say, well done your daughter!

Anairam said...

One lucky Liesel to have so much furniture! are you going to build her a house now?

Terry and Linda said...

What a perfect set! Most dolls and doll houses and doll house furniture never seem to fit each other...too big, too small, too something, and here you have a perfect fit!

Wonderful!


Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

Pearl said...

Oh, how I loved dolls and miniatures as a child!

Pearl

CarrieBoo said...

I'm expecting some good little stories from these props. :)

Linda Sue said...

SCORE! man that is a helluva cheap price! Cool stuff- love the rocking chair. I thought that since we have not heard from the Daulies lately that you had abandoned being the mayor of tiny town...whew! So...I am thinking that we should go back to Windsor with you in tow.

Flea said...

Omigoodness. What an amazing find all the way around. :)