Friday, April 28, 2017

National Poetry Month Day Twenty-Eight

Prompt:  Think about a time when you were forced to be courageous and create a poem with elements of that experience. Avoid using the words “courage,” “bravery,”  “fearless,” or “daring.”  Incorporate at least five of the following words:  wobble, puzzle, hole, pretend, factual, mirror, fiction, distant, wall, cards, weather.  End your poem with a question.


 Don't Run

It was lovely spring weather
I stepped out the door
Noticed a lady walking her dog
Noticed it was a pit bull
It was not on a leash
The pit bull saw me 
Didn’t even wobble in his stride
Didn’t even pretend to be friendly
Wanted to make a hole in my body
Hurled himself at me with frothing teeth
I was backed against a wall
So I stood my ground
I swung my handbag above my head
Yelled some loud words
The dog stopped in his tracks
The lady called the dog back
Went on her way, apologizing
What do you think I shouted at the dog

No comments: